While going through packed boxes that haven’t been opened for years, I found my chronograph but I also found my older model Pressure Trace Unit. For some reason I kept my older laptop with XP that had the PT program. Just for the heck of it I hooked it up to the laptop to see if everything was still functional. Guess what, it was. Checked the old strain gage on my 10ML-II, it was cracked and separating from the barrel. Okay I still have one remaining gage but no adhesive. Checked RSI for glue and replacement gauges and fell on my butt when I saw the price. So now my quest on the internet was started to find what I need. The 401 glue I found for $8.00 a tube. Ordered that but did a little more research about super crazy glues. Permatex has some good candidates also like UV632 and TA4246.
Those may work, you will need to calibrate your unit with new strain gage to a known load to find the bias for the new gage.
You are absolutely right. I have a lot of traces to choose from for reference and some of my old ones on file. Hoping I can start some traces in the Fall. Have already started reading the manual again and found info I overlooked in the past like battery (Duracell) can create jagged lines and how long starts can be reduced. Now if the gages are small and need plastic sheeting like original gages I believe I got that covered. Just need to run a few samples for gluing properties.
Some of my future testing may seem redundant with discontinued powders that I have on hand but it would be nice to use up that powder with practice shooting. For example HS7 as a booster. Also Would like to do a check on load resistance properties. Anyway all in good time.